Climbing Information -- Frustration Creek

Discuss SoCal ranges other than the San Gabriels.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

The topic of Frustration Creek in the San Bernardino Mountains has come up in the past. I saw this site that has some information on the climbing at Frustration Creek, and I thought I'd pass it on:

Climbing Information -- Frustration Creek

HJ
rokclimbr

Post by rokclimbr »

If anyone wants any more information, I have done extensive climbing on almost all the 5.11 and easier routes in the canyon. Also the hardest climb in SoCal used to be up on the third tier of Frustration, a .14b or c... but that was about 5-10 years ago... I am almost positive there are harder routes in SoCal now... Just a bit of random trivia.

One thing I will say:
Please wear a helmet, both the leader and belayer. I know it isn't cool when you're clipping bolts but a huge block got pulled loose (it was above Frankincense, now it is below...) and I spoke to a group who was climbing on Eco Challenge 11a when the leader pulled a toaster sized block loose and it hit his belayer in the head. His belayer needed 30 stitches!
Taco

Post by Taco »

Ouch!

I think the hardest sport routes in SoCal (and possibly all of California) are on Clark, near the border with Nevada. Jumbo Love and all that.
Wild

Post by Wild »

Taco wrote: Ouch!

I think the hardest sport routes in SoCal (and possibly all of California) are on Clark, near the border with Nevada. Jumbo Love and all that.
Yeah Sharma made an amazing line on there somewhere... I think it could actually be one of the hardest lines in the world.
Taco

Post by Taco »

Yup, except for some newer stuff in Spain, where he currently lives.

Oh, and a certain project I'm working on. It's "only" a 5.2... ;-)
Wild

Post by Wild »

lol, sounds fun!