Probably a Stoooopid Question

Clothes, tools, technology, nutrition, training, techniques, etc.
135driver

Post by 135driver »

I'm trying to avoid spending alot of $$$ on some new winter mountaineering pants. Does any one know of a good cheap pair of pants that would be comfortable with steep grade climbs using crampons?

Any ideas would be awesome.

kelly
Taco

Post by Taco »

DOOD

I use Sierra Designs wind/rain pants, $30 at REI. Matching Anorak as well. Works wonders in all weather.

Here I am with the full set on:

Only thing I regret is not buying an extra large, as the top is big enough, but it isn't long enough. It should ideally cover my ass as well, but it gets pulled up all the time, exposing whatever's underneath, like a polypro top.
FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

135driver wrote:I'm trying to avoid spending alot of $$$ on some new winter mountaineering pants. Does any one know of a good cheap pair of pants that would be comfortable with steep grade climbs using crampons?

Any ideas would be awesome.

kelly
Dude you look like Billy. Well your eyes do.
EManBevHills

Post by EManBevHills »

You got this eye thing goin'?
How can you see 'em behind the shades?
Taco

Post by Taco »

hvydrt

Post by hvydrt »

I agree with taco. I just use a cheap rain shell. As long as I keep the wind of my legs I am warm enough while I am moving or taking a short break ( at least around here). If its really cold or i am at camp I wear or bring long underwear and/or some fleece pants i picked up at Old navy for 20 bucks. .
135driver

Post by 135driver »

I was just curious. I used to go really old school back in the day, but I remember how uncomfortable I was when we rested on the summits.

Thanks all.

k