Morons get off the road please

Discuss anything. Possibly NSFW.
Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

I had some friends in town who wanted to verify that there were actually mountains around LA (they couldn't see them) so I drove them up the ACH to Buckhorn campground.

On the way up, we had to deal with the tricycle convention (see AW's news). There was a whole bunch of kiddie-cycles all over the ACH, some going 50 and some going 25. While I could say this was slightly annoying, whatever, there's nothing wrong with it.

However we past Red Box, and after a curve I suddenly run into like 50 + people hanging out with their tricycles in a pull out. Unfortunately 5 or so of them are just casually hanging out / walking in the road and I had to hit the brakes not to plow them off. Thanks asses.

Further up, I saw the weekly motorcycle accident, including the guy holding the 'slow' sign again. Glad to see there's consistency! :?

Last but not least, on the way down the last 5 miles or so, I was heading into a turn, when a pickup truck heading up was literally halfway on my side. Luckily I was paying attention and squeaked through him and the rock.

Are these people who just don't drive on mountains roads ever? Are they just careless? Or just assholes? Or is it just all three?
Taco

Post by Taco »

That bad, eh? :lol:
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Stop bitching and get back to hiking! :wink:

BTW, intelligent climate change discussions can't be had on hiking forums.
simonov

Post by simonov »

HikeUp wrote:BTW, intelligent climate change discussions can't be had on hiking forums.
Or anywhere else.
Nunc est bibendum
Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

HikeUp wrote:Stop bitching and get back to hiking! :wink:
maybe it's just built up frustration from not hiking this past weekend, lol
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

And missing out on Walt's BBQ and the trampoline. :wink:
norma r

Post by norma r »

Hikin_Jim wrote:And missing out on Walt's BBQ and the trampoline. :wink:
what i missed a trampoline??!! :cry: rats!

i was in the Sierra with Dave G. when i get my pix up. i will (or Dave will) start a thread and send a link. it was BEAUTIFUL up there this weekend.