20071223 Telegraph Peak West Ridge

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
Taco

Post by Taco »

Good, easy climb for a day. The real fun parts are on the Northwest Face, when you have to bypass foliage on the ridge direct. One can pass to the right on the way up, or on the left, with the slope falling below, with great views, and fun mixed climbing.

Mixed = traditional San Gabriel "Oh Crap" mixed, not sport mixed Musashi bolted stuff... just in case... 8)

Went with Dustin and Bert. Had a great time. Went slow, joked around a lot, and had fun.
Travis

Post by Travis »

Tom and I were out hiking Baden-Powell, Brunham, Throop and Lewis. We figured you were in the mountains nearby somewhere. The views of Baldy were beautiful.

simonov

Post by simonov »

I was in Ricehouse Canyon again, up to Timber Peak.

Beautiful day for a hike. I was wearing a thin nylon shirt with an undershirt, and it was around 50 degrees most of the time.
Nunc est bibendum
Taco

Post by Taco »

Baldy's North Face looks good... ripe for the picking. Anyone up for an ascent on say, Thursday?
Taco

Post by Taco »

BAM, VIDEO FOR YOO:

Assuming embedding didn't work none, here be a link:

(i fixed the embedding 4 U, travis)
simonov

Post by simonov »

Alcohol and mountaineering = dangerous mix.
Nunc est bibendum
Taco

Post by Taco »

8)
He219

Post by He219 »

simonov wrote:Alcohol and mountaineering = dangerous mix.
Trust me, they were'nt drinking.
They were born that way.

Taco may have some Sake or a single beer at times, but only during a camp or after a hike.
He insists on mainaining all his faculties during outings, regardless of the impression from this video ..
Taco

Post by Taco »

That is 100% true. I do enjoy some good Sake, Asahi (Kuronama, usually), Sapporo (steel cans = tough), Ochakovo or some Russian Standard, but only after I've settled into my camp, or for some form of definite rest. Usually have something to drink while I'm in my sleeping bag, or sitting outside the tent with my buddies, talking, right before everyone racks out.

We just enjoy screwing around at times. They do more than I, which is why I love going with them, since they make things a helluva lot more fun, especially on shorter routes/days like this one.

Thanks HE! 8)