Here kitty, kitty.

Poppies & cougars & shrooms, oh my!
Pat

Post by Pat »

Might want to be a little cautious when going solo.

http://www.dailybulletin.com/news/ci_10346484
Terry Morse

Post by Terry Morse »

Since mountain lions can sprint up to 50 MPH, how do they explain how it couldn't catch a cyclist going 20 MPH and chasing him for several minutes?

Thank God the animal wasn't caught & destroyed, as it obviously did not mean any harm to the cyclist.

Mountain lions are all over the mountains and could eat any of us solo hikers whenever they want to.......THEY DON'T WANT TO OR IT WOULD BE HAPPENING ALL THE TIME!!!
Pat

Post by Pat »

I love all caps. It was just an FYI since it was local, no need to get your panties in a bunch.

And, while the lions don't want to partake in a human meal in general, a few times they have.

"Thank God the animal wasn't caught & destroyed, as it obviously did not mean any harm to the cyclist. "

I am also glad that the animal was not destroyed. But, as for the last part of your statement, do you figure it was just looking for someone to exercise with?
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

That article doesn't seem correct. The cat did not chase the bicyclist for "a few minutes."

Anyhow, when the bicyclist returns from his trip I will get the story from him. This guy is not prone to embellishment.
FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

Fish and game officials warn that if you spot a mountain lion, do not approach it, do not run, but instead face the animal, keep your eyes on it, make loud noises and try to look bigger by waving your arms, and throw rocks or other objects.

I need to memorize this part.
If attacked by a mountain lion, fight back, says Brennan.

"If it attacks you, it's almost always because it's going to prey on you," he said.

But like most predators, said Brennan, "it is not interested in getting hurt," and if you fight back enough, it will stop.
FIGHT ON!
Terry Morse

Post by Terry Morse »

Pat wrote: But, as for the last part of your statement, do you figure it was just looking for someone to exercise with?
If you would take the time to read other threads, you would see that this particular event has been talked about since last Thursday. Your info is not new to the forum. Find out all the facts before acting like a wise ass!
FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

Terry Morse wrote:
Pat wrote: But, as for the last part of your statement, do you figure it was just looking for someone to exercise with?
If you would take the time to read other threads, you would see that this particular event has been talked about since last Thursday. Your info is not new to the forum. Find out all the facts before acting like a wise ass!
:shock:
Taco

Post by Taco »

Everyone take a damn chill pill!